Friday, December 2, 2011

Another Civil Suit

Well there were predictions of more civil suits, and here is one, but not from another alleged victim.  This is an insurance company, presumably his own, suing him this time.


Case Number:2011-00114820
Filing Date:12/01/2011
Case Type:Insurance Coverage
Case Title:STONINGTON INSURANCE COMPANY VS. ROBERT B ADAMS


NameParty Type
ADAMS, ROBERT BDefendant
ADAMS, SAUNDRA Defendant
CREATIVE FRONTIERS SCHOOL INCDefendant
DOE 45, JANE Defendant
DOE, STEPHANIE Defendant
DOES 1 TO 30Defendant
STONINGTON INSURANCE COMPANYPlaintiff

Now this is slightly confusing as Jane Doe 45 and Stephanie Doe, are the named plaintiffs in a separate lawsuit civil lawsuit suing Robert Adams.  I can't factually say I know why this is.  My best guess is that the insurance company is trying to effectively say "not it" if in case the other civil suit requires a payout.

4 comments:

  1. It would appear that Jane and Stephanie Doe are two separate cases when in fact its just one....Jane Doe is a minor and Stephanie Doe is the legal guardian (parent).....there was a press conference held by her attorney's on the court house steps when this was filed by a well known legal firm here in Sacramento. This was filed shortly after Bob's arrest.
    FACT: I also am not the author here nor do I give a fork in the road who is....but I am a very watchful eye who has very definite interest in the outcome of this mess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are correct anonymous. I worded that oddly as well. Stephanie Doe is listed as the guardian for the minor, Jane Doe in the other civil case. They are not separate cases.

    I will again state, I have no clue why the insurance company would be suing Robert Adams AND the plaintiffs in a case that are also suing Robert Adams, so if anyone else can shed some light there, I'm sure other readers would love clarification.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yet another layer of the CFS onion falls away and now Mrs. Adams is also a plaintiff. Do you know if CFS/Adams received any insurance money because of the shut down?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I meant to say "defendant".. so sorry!

    ReplyDelete