Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Money Money Money

We received an email from a reader and wanted to post this:

The reason I am writing is that I recently heard from a friend that CFS offered a summer camp deal through the discount website Living Social several months ago.  I just wanted the word spread that anyone who purchased one those deals can contact Living Social and their money will be immediately refunded.  I’m not a member of the CFS facebook page, so I can’t post this there but I wanted as many people as possible to get their money back. 

Refunds are something that still haven't been seen by parents that have emailed or spoken to us. Despite Linda Parisi's statement a week ago regarding the Adams family being "very serious about wanting to honor their financial obligations", contact still has not been made to former Creative Frontiers' parents with communication on the who, what, why, when and where of refunds taking place.  Despite being extremely vocal and, at times, offensive, Dan Adams has been silent over the last week. The daughters of Robert Adams have gone silent as well.

It seems the harder the questions get, the less they speak openly.  They certainly had no problem requesting monetary, physical and material donations.  When former families ask for a little consideration though, there seems to be no response.

3 comments:

  1. I'm not on the facebook page but maybe I should join back up to respond to this crap. Here is today's post from PSP:

    "I find it quite interesting that the initial complaint by Irma Mertens that ignited this firestorm was deemed by investigators to be non-credible and the police interview of the little elementary age girl in question found that she wasn't molested afterall. Hummm, you think that it would have been a little smarter to figure that out BEFORE they closed the school and threw someone under the bus? I also find it interesting how police say they "instructed' parents on how to interview their children--it must be an extremely easy thing to do if any lay person can do it. I wonder though to do this if they had parents take a course on victim interviewing, did they give them a book to read on how to do it with a pass/fail test, or did they just give them a piece of paper or tell them over the phone, do this don't do that? Also, wondering if they made the parents videotape or audiotape the interviews so that they know exactly what was said, when it was said and how it was said. I'm thinking that since parents probably aren't professional interviewers but were intrusted with the police to do this, I wonder how many didn't follow all of the police's 'rules' on interviewing victims and 'accidently' used leading questions or nonverbals to get answers? Many thoughts to ponder..:"

    I have to respond: Listen moron. I am a parent of a current CFS student during the shutdown and police interview discussions which obviously you aren't. The police did NOT ask me to interview my children. They advised that if I thought or suspected something happened to bring them in or call the detective for instructions. The detective that called me was VERY specific in that I should not question them about it because they had to be careful in how they approached the subject and that trained personnel could do it if I wanted. He said that if I must ask the kids about it to ask open ended questions and if anything was suspected to call them for further help.

    NO offense, but your comment is stupid. you don't know what you are talking about! What you are spouting off is called hearsay and is not admissible in court. Honestly it baffles me that you could stand behind a statement such as this and feel ok about yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe some of these supporters should crawl out of the Bob Adams/CFS communal bed and pay a little more attention to the facts of the case. They continue to repeat the same drivel, then get those few "likes" on the Facebook page, stroking their ego, so they go forward and add a few more overworked and uneducated statements to keep their dying fire of defense smoldering. All they are doing is creating more smoke, and anyone who has ever camped knows, you avoid the smoke because it stinks, is annoying and of no value.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought it bizarre that a yard sale, donations page, spaghetti feed and car wash were all rallied for Bob when many of us parents were/are owed a huge chunk of change. Even if I got a phone call that just said "hey, we haven't forgotten about you! We are trying to reconcile!" I would have been understanding. My family worked hard to pay for our children's private schooling and then we were left with no refund and the financial responsibility to find a new school.. Feel sorry for you when you owe me $4000? puh-lease. I'm not the one driving the Boxter. -Sell the Benz! Financially, I don't feel any pity for you.

    Raise your hand if you are owed tuition. Im guessing almost every family is owed at least $250 per child for July 18th- Aug.

    ReplyDelete